Chatbot

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

TLC 2.0 Experience - thoughts of a newbie (n00b) or Mission impossible (not)





Whew! So I took up The Learning Challenge (TLC) 2.0 in July 2007 and attempted to complete the 23 web 2.0 things assigned by the TLC 2.0 Task Force at my library, the Alvin Sherman Library. Today, October 31, I am proud to say I did it! I completed my 23 things (and some bonus things along the way). TLC 2.0 is an off-shoot of the Learning 2.0 Program and I encourage all my colleagues to try completing the program.

Having completed the TLC 2.0 challenge, I would like to share with you 6 things I learnt along the way:

  1. I did not have to be a 'techie' or' technologically savvy' to try the web 2.0 tools or to complete the exercises assigned

  2. All of the web 2.0 tools I tried, can be adapted and are currently being used by me at work or at home (my blog, my wiki, my RSS feeds, my own search-engine, my second life, my social network, my photos, my widgets)

  3. Using/playing with the web 2.0 tools was addictive. But, here is the caveat- trying TLC 2.o is all about playing with the new technology and having fun

  4. I have been able to re-establish important ties with my Caribbean colleagues

  5. I am now so knowledgeable about the web 2.0 tools and their use in libraries that I have given a presentation on the topic during a one day symposium hosted by the Libraries at the College of the Bahamas, and believe I can write (at length) about the phenomenon known as Web 2.0

  6. All I need is 15 minutes a day to continue to explore and try out more new web 2.0 applications in cyberspace. My goal is to find another 23 things to play with!!!


3 comments:

Meg said...

I am now so knowledgeable about the web 2.0 tools and their use in libraries that I have given a presentation on the topic during a one day symposium hosted by the Libraries at the College of the Bahamas

That's fantastic! Congratulations, and good luck with the writing!

Anonymous said...

now that you are caught up its time to learn about web 3.0 :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_3

Anonymous said...

Hmm... :

"1 I did not have to be a 'techie' or' technologically savvy' to try the web 2.0 tools or to complete the exercises assigned"

Now you are a techie to people who don't know anything about Web2.0... and Web2.0 is 2006... we're in virtual worlds now... :-)

So you're almost there. :-D