- http://www.visittnt.com/ - Official site maintained by the Tourist Board which provides links to infomation on the island's history, culture, current activities, and most importantly information on Carnival 2008 (a two day street festival devoted to fun, fetes, fulfilling unspoken fetishes).
- http://www.toronto-lime.com/music/new_music.htm - Listen to calypso & reggae live online!!!
- http://www.habitsofwaste.wwu.edu/issues/7/iss7art2a.shtml Read my article (shameful marketing. I am not afraid to admit) on Calypso in Trinidad & Tobago.
- http://users.rcn.com/alana.interport/dialect.html Learn some 'Trini' dialect.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Today, August 31st, is Independence day in my native country Trindad and Tobago (Trini to de bone, I always quip). So this is a great opportunity to post links to my favorite sites on Trinidad and Tobago. It is also a fun way of letting the world know that the island exists and what it is famous (or infamous for).
Thursday, August 30, 2007
- vufind - Example of a web 2.0 enabled library OPAC http://www.vufind.org/
- SirsiDynix archive of past presentations on Web 2.0 technology http://www.sirsidynixinstitute.com/archive.php
- Webcasts on the future of cataloging http://www.loc.gov/bibliographic-future/meetings/webcasts-july9.html
- Creating your library Online with Library Thing http://www.librarything.com/
- Documenting one's life thru photos http://www.flickr.com/